8PM UPDATE: This warning has been downgraded to a “Watch and Act” message
Click here for latest details
Bushfire Emergency Warning Message – Meadowbank Rd, Meadowbank
Warning current from 25/02/2012 03.42pm until 27/02/2012 11.59pm or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Meadowbank Road, Meadowbank. The fire danger rating in this area is very high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control .
The fire is expected to put the area of Meadowbank Dam area at very high risk from the fire front within minutes .
This bushfire is currently not controlled. There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on south east of the ski club. Smoke is impacting on the outer northern suburbs of Hobart but there is no direct fire risk.
There is a reported road closures at Meadowbank Rd, south of the ski club.
What to do:
- Activate your bushfire plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear. This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous
- Non residents should stay away from the affected areas
Monitor ABC Local Radio and the TFS Website www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions.
Tasmania Fire Services arrived (as at 5pm)
2 x HEAVY TANKER
2 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
2 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM
Further Resources Mobilised:
1 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x CAR
1 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
|TFS Map as at 5pm|