Bushfire Emergency Warning Message
Current from: 26/02/2012 1.20pm until further notice
There is a large bushfire at Meadowbank Rd, Meadowbank. The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be severe. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable.
The fire is expected to put the residents of Karanja direct risk. This bushfire is currently not controlled. This bushfire is currently creating spot-fires up to 1km ahead.These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on residents of Mt Lloyd, Lachlan, Moogara, Glenfern, Feilton, Plenty, Hayes and Salmon Ponds.
Reported road closures: Meadowbank Dam Rd, Meadowbank Rd and Rockmount Rd
What to do:
- Activate your bushfire plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear.
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- There is a nearby safer place at Bushy Park Oval or New Norfolk
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
Monitor ABC Local Radio and www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions