Fire Weather Warning for the Upper Derwent Valley forecast district
Issued at 4.13pm on Friday, February 24, 2012.
For Saturday, February 25:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the Upper Derwent Valley forecast district, with maximum temperatures around 37 degrees, relative humidity down to 15% and winds averaging 40 km/h expected.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bush fire survival plan – now
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or www.fire.tas.gov.au
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it
The next warning will be issued by 5am Saturday.