ONE of the most novel and interesting attractions at this Sunday’s Willow Court open day looks to be the performances by Sharon Hutchison as “the matron”. Click here for a video preview.
The open day is an initiative of the Friends of Willow Court. Other events on this big day include:
- Tours of community-owned buildings at the historic site (10am-4pm) conducted by Barry Lathey, Tony Nicholson and Anne McKinstray
- Displays and exhibitions
- Devonshire teas
- Tours of the developing Frescati garden
- Third annual market and swap-meet at the Willow Court Village Square. For stall space contact Penny at the Willow Court Antique Centre, phone 0437 126 679
- New businesses to visit in the old Nurses’ Home, including Touch of Earth, Morf, Jackson’s Closet, OhLahLay Retro Chic, and Maree’s Kitchen (opening times vary)
- Patchwork Cafe and its additional space in the Nurses’ Home
- Monthly Willow Court Community Market at the Derwent Valley Community House (10am-2pm)
- Blacksmith Phil Green will demonstrate his skills by making the missing spikes for the George St fence. After the open day, sections of the fence will be dismantled for repairs.
- Have we missed something or someone? Let us know here.