Tasmania Fire Service
Bushfire Advice Message
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 8/01/2013 10:01PM until: 9/01/2013 8:01AM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control .
This fire may affect the communities of Ellendale, Karanja, Westerway, Hamilton, Ouse and Risbys Road should remain vigilant and be prepared for any changes in fire activity.
There is no immediate threat to communities. This bushfire is currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures: Dawsons Rd; Rockmount Rd; Lake Repulse Rd.
What to do:
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.
- People are reminded that all camp grounds in the area are closed and asked not to return to these camp areas.
- Motorists should drive to the conditions. There may be downed power lines or wandering stock creating hazards.
- The community fire refuge located at Carinya near New Norfolk High School, 103 Blair St, NEW NORFOLK has closed.
- Mt Field National Park is closed.
TFS Attending Resources:
2 x HEAVY TANKER
4 x LIGHT TANKER
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
2 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x CAR