Tasmania Fire Service
Bushfire Emergency Warning Message
Current from: 18/02/2013 07:05 PM until: 20/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
Lyell Highway is closed between Gordon River Rd and Hamilton.
- Motorists are advised to avoid this area.
- The Lyell Highway between Kilderry Rd and Gordon River Rd is open to residents only.
- Motorists are advised to be aware of the potential for downed powerlines and wandering livestock.
- Please be aware of emergency vehicles and crews operating in the area.
- Motorists on roads that are affected by smoke are advised to turn on headlights and reduce your speed.
Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear.
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
Bushfire Watch & Act Message for Plenty, Macquarie Plains and Hayes
What to do:
You need to start taking action now to protect you and your family.
- Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now; only well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a Bushfire Survival Plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving for a safer place, such as a relative or friends place away from the area.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.