Tasmania Fire Service
Bushfire Emergency Warning Message
Marked Tree Road, GRETNA
5.30PM UPDATE: Tasmania Police are in the process of closing the Lyell Highway north of Marked Tree Rd and the intersection of Lawitta Rd. The fire is expected to put the communities of Gretna, Rosegarland, Black Hills and surrounding areas which includes the Lyell Highway from Bluff Rd to Black Hills Rd and including Black Hills Rd, Bedchambers Rd and Woolpack Rd at direct severerisk from the fire front within 10 minutes. This fire may impact on Shooters Hill Rd, Askrigg Rd, Isaac Rd, Sonners Rd at direct servere risk from the fire front within 30 minutes.
Current from: 18/02/2013 04:51 PM until: 20/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a small bushfire at Marked Tree Rd, GRETNA.
The fire danger rating in this area is severe. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable.
The fire is expected to put the community of Rosegarland and surrounding areas which includes the Lyell Highway from Bluff Rd to Black Hills Rd and including Black Hills Rd, Bedchambers Rd and Woolpack Rd at direct severe risk from the fire front within 10 minutes.
This fire may impact on Shooters Hill Rd, Askrigg Rd, Isaac Rd, Sonners Rd at direct servere risk from the fire front within 30 minutes.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. This bushfire may create spot-fires up to 3kms ahead of the fire front.These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling south of Rosegarland.
Reported Road Closures:Nil
What to do:
- Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear.
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
TFS Attending Resources:
3 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
1 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM
5 x HEAVY TANKER
5 x LIGHT TANKER
3 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x TFS
1 x UTILITY
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER