MAYDENA, Hobart and Ouse will be the final venues for a series of public consultations on the writing of a new management plan for the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area (TWWHA). These stated in late November and all interested persons are welcome to attend.
The goal of the management plan is to provide continued sustainable visitation, recreation and tourism, while enhancing the World Heritage Area’s natural and cultural heritage in a changing climate. More information is available at www.dpipwe.tas.gov.au/twwha
The remaining forums are being held in the following locations this week:
- Maydena: Maydena Online Access Centre (former Maydena Primary School), 36 Kallista Rd, Maydena. Tuesday, December 3, 7-9pm.
- Hobart: Bahai Centre, 1 Tasman Highway, Hobart. Wednesday, December 4, 7-9pm.
- Ouse: Ouse Hall, 6955 Lyell Highway, Ouse. Thursday, December 5, 7-9pm
The Project Team is interested in understanding the full range of views across the community in relation to the management of the TWWHA, in particular the recent extension. With this in mind a series of public forums will be held across the state to provide an opportunity for the community to put forward its views and for the project team to provide information on the management planning process. The forums will be held on an informal basis allowing for an open discussion of issues and concerns.
Key outcomes of the forums are to:
- Provide information to the community on the management plan process
- Provide an opportunity for the community to raise any issues relating to management of the TWWHA in general; and
- Provide an opportunity for the community to discuss management issues within the recent TWWHA extension.
Written submissions and enquiries are welcome and will be considered by the project team in formulating the first draft of the management plan.
Post to: Project Manager, TWWHA Management Plan Project, GPO Box 44, Hobart TAS 7001.