|The scene near the mouth of the Lachlan Rivulet at Tynwald Park.|
PARTS of New Norfolk and surrounding areas are tonight experiencing minor flooding around the River Derwent and its tributaries following rain and a bigger than usual high tide this afternoon.
While no flood warnings are in place, the State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
There is a road weather alert for for many parts of Tasmania including the Upper Derwent Valley.
Icy roads during Friday morning, and snow covered roads above 300 metres throughout Friday, will make driving conditions dangerous during Friday in parts of the North West Coast, Central North, North East, Western, Central Plateau, Midlands, East Coast, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts.