Flood Watch | Warning to Sheep Graziers | Damaging Winds Warning | Gale Warning (click for the latest updates and for the full marine wind warnings)
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, Tasmania
Initial Flood Watch for North West, Derwent and Huon catchments
Flood Safety Advice:
Warning to Sheep Graziers
for the Furneaux Islands, North West Coast, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
A cold front embedded in a strong and gusty west to southwesterly flow will cross Tasmania on Tuesday
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
Marine Wind Warning Summary for Tasmania
for the period until midnight Tuesday 20 August 2019.
Wind Warnings for Tuesday 20 August
Derwent Estuary, Frederick Henry Bay and Norfolk Bay, Storm Bay, Channel, South West Lakes, Far North West Coast, Central North Coast, Banks Strait and Franklin Sound, East of Flinders Island, Upper East Coast, Lower East Coast, South East Coast, South West Coast and Central West Coast
Central Plateau Lakes