|The fire at Glenfern is now threatening parts of Lachlan.|
TASMANIA FIRE SERVICE
BUSHFIRE EMERGENCY WARNING FOR MOSS BEDS RD, TOP SWAMP RD AND SURROUNDING AREAS AT LACHLAN
Issued At: 29/10/2019 4:59pm
There is a bushfire at Moss Beds Rd, Top Swamp Rd and surrounding areas at Lachlan.
The fire will put Moss Beds Rd, Top Swamp Rd and surrounding areas at Lachlan at high risk within the next four hours.
This fire will be difficult to control. Burning embers, falling on Moss Beds Rd, Top Swamp Rd and surrounding areas at Lachlan, will threaten your home before the main fire.
Smoke and ash will make it difficult to see and breathe.
What to do:
- If your home is well prepared for high risk fires and you can actively defend it, it should provide shelter.
- If your home is unprepared go to a safer location now only if the path is clear.
- No Evacuation Centre in place.
- There is a nearby safer place at Gleeson Park, Lachlan.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, use it now.
- If you don’t live near Moss Beds Rd, Top Swamp Rd and surrounding areas at Lachlan, stay away.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
Incident number: 19032354
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn.
- Advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or the Asthma Foundation of Tasmania www.asthmatas.org.au
|The approximate location (red flame icon, bottom left) of the
Glenfern fire which is now threatening parts of Lachlan.
Click image to enlarge.
Alert Level: EMERGENCY WARNING
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 29-Oct-2019 04:59 PM
First Reported: 29-Oct-2019 12:55 PM
Location: Glenfern Rd, Glenfern
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: Not reported
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Arrived:
6 x LIGHT TANKER
5 x HEAVY TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x TFS
4 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Mobilised:
1 x OTHER
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x CAR