THE Derwent Valley Community House’s monthly market this Sunday will be one of the many local participants in this year’s Garage Sale Trail, which is happening right across Australia this weekend.
The Garage Sale Trail happens with the support of municipal councils across the country, and nearly 400,000 bargain-hunting, reuse-loving Australians will be shopping and selling at more than 18,000 garage sale events Australia-wide.
The event started nine years ago with 130 garage sales participating, with the theme of “Don’t dump it, sell it”. The Derwent Valley Council through its environmental health officer David Bradford was an early participant and there are now 146 councils on board.
This year’s Garage Sale Trail, happening this weekend, October 19-20, encourages Australians to do their bit for the planet by “putting secondhand first”.
The official website shows a long list of participating garage sales in the 7140 postcode area and nearby. Check the site for updates.
- Garage/yard sale, 6850 Lyell Hwy, Ouse, 9am-2pm Saturday only
- Car boot sale, 35 stalls, Market Place, Bothwell, 9am-2pm Sunday only
- Something old and new, 1010 Glenora Rd, Plenty, 9am-4pm Sunday only
- Spring cleanout, 92 Kilderry Rd, Hayes, 7.30am-2pm Saturday only
- Garage sale, 469 Back River Rd, Magra, 7am-6pm Saturday and 7am-4pm Sunday
- Empty Nesters cleanout, 4 Abel Court, New Norfolk, 9am-2pm Saturday only
- Moving sale, 8 Seventh Ave, New Norfolk, 7am-3pm Saturday and 8am-3pm Sunday
- Post-renovation sale, 9 Blair St, New Norfolk, 9am-2pm Sunday only
- Reverse garage sale (collecting recyclables), New Norfolk Guardian Pharmacy, 6 High St, New Norfolk, 9am-1pm Saturday and Sunday
- New Norfolk Market, 40 stalls, High St, New Norfolk, 8am-2pm Saturday only
- New Norfolk Tip Shop, Dean St, New Norfolk, 10.30am-3pm Saturday and Sunday
- Barking Mad book bonanza, 65 High St, New Norfolk, 8am-2.30pm Saturday only
- Valley of bargains, 2 Andrews St, New Norfolk, 9am-2pm Saturday only
- Derwent Valley Community Market, 50 stalls, The Avenue, Willow Court, New Norfolk, 10am-2pm, Sunday only
- Clearing the clutter, 33 Dixon St, New Norfolk, 9am-4pm Saturday only
- Robyn’s Cottage Collectibles, 120 Glebe Rd, New Norfolk, 9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
- Retro, vintage and more, 159 Lower Swamp Rd, Lachlan, 9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
- Bushy Park Market, Upper Derwent United Hall, Gordon River Rd, Bushy Park, 10am-2pm