EMERGING musicians from two of Tasmania’s leading bands will perform a concert at the New Norfolk War Memorial Hall this Sunday.
The concert will feature the talents of the Development Band of the Derwent Valley Concert Band and the Level 3 Band of the Clarence City Band.
Entry to the 2.30pm concert will be by donation. Conductors Frances White and Tom Goninon are both trombone players with the Derwent Valley Concert Band.
“It will be a really enjoyable concert; a great way to ensure a most pleasant Sunday afternoon,” Derwent Valley Concert Band senior conductor Lyall McDermott said.
Sunday afternoon’s “Banding Together” concert at 2.30pm in the New Norfolk War Memorial Hall, Circle St, New Norfolk, is just part of the Derwent Valley band’s busy march to Christmas, which also includes:
- November 10: Government House Open Day, performing from 11.30am-12.15pm
- November 16: Hobart Christmas Pageant, performing from 10.30am-noon
- November 30: Concert for Children at the Tolosa Park Sound Shell, performing from 2-3pm
- December 6: Hobart Twilight Market at Long Beach, Sandy Bay, performing from 6-7pm
- December 13: New Norfolk Carols in the Park at Tynwald Park, performing from 7.45-10pm
- December 14: New Norfolk Christmas Parade, High St, New Norfolk, performing from noon-1pm