|Google Map showing the location and size of the Glenfern/Lachlan
bushfire, in the bottom left corner.
TASMANIA FIRE SERVICE
BUSHFIRE ADVICE MESSAGE FOR MOSS BEDS RD, TOP SWAMP RD, GLENFERN RD (SOUTH) AND LACHLAN
Issued At: 01/11/2019 6:20pm
There is a bushfire at Glenfern Rd, Glenfern. There is no immediate threat.
People in the area should remain aware that this fire is still being contained.
Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
What to do:
- People in Moss Beds Rd, Top Swamp Rd, Glenfern Rd (south) and Lachlan should keep up to date by listening to ABC Local Radio or look at the TFS website at www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- Well-prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you are not prepared for a bushfire, think about leaving for a safe place if it gets more dangerous.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, check it now.
Incident number: 19032354
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- For advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or the Asthma Foundation of Tasmania www.asthmatas.org.au
Alert Level: ADVICE
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 01-Nov-2019 08:19 PM
First Reported: 29-Oct-2019 12:55 PM
Location: Glenfern Rd, Glenfern
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: approximately 230 hectares