Bureau of Meteorology
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North East, East Coast, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:59 pm Thursday, 21 November 2019.
DAMAGING WINDS NO LONGER EXPECTED
Weather Situation: A very strong northwesterly flow is over Tasmania ahead of a cold front to cross Tasmania during the afternoon and early evening. A cooler west to southwesterly change will follow.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
In the last six hours, notable gusts recorded include Mt Wellington 107 km/h and Campania 94 km/h.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.