Warning to Sheep Graziers
for the King Island, Furneaux Islands, North West Coast, Midlands, East Coast, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Furneaux Islands, Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North East, East Coast, North West Coast, Central North, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:46 pm Tuesday, 12 November 2019.
STATEWIDE DAMAGING WIND GUSTS LIKELY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
Weather Situation: A cold front will cross Tasmania in the afternoon on Wednesday, accompanied by strong and gusty west to southwesterly winds which will persist until later in the evening.
DAMAGING WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 100 km/h are likely on the west coast from around 10am, then across the state from around midday.
The risk of DAMAGING WINDS will continue through Wednesday afternoon, then begin to ease in most areas during Wednesday evening, but will continue over the Central Plateau and the Furneaux Islands districts until close to midnight.
Locations which may be affected include Devonport, Burnie, Launceston, St Helens, Swansea, Strahan, New Norfolk and Hobart.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.