|Tasmania Fire Service Google Map showing the location of
the fire (yellow icon) in relation to Strathgordon.
Click image to enlarge.
BUSHFIRE WATCH AND ACT MESSAGE FOR STRATHGORDON
Issued At: 30/12/2019 2:10pm
CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION
There is a bushfire at Strathgordon.
The fire may put Strathgordon and the Gordon River Rd at severe risk this afternoon.
Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and fast moving. Burning embers, falling on Strathgordon may threaten before the main fire. Smoke and ash may make it difficult to see and breathe.
What to do:
- Due to the remote location, it is too late to leave. Anybody on the Gordon River Rd should return to Maydena and those already at Strathgordon should not attempt to leave.
- The Pedder Wilderness Lodge – Strathgordon has been identified as a nearby safer place and anyone in that area should head there now.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, use it now.
- If you don’t live near Strathgordon, stay away. The roads could become highly dangerous.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
Incident number: 19038838. Community Information:
- Two fires are currently burning uncontained on the Atkins Range north east of Strathgordon and Pearce Basin which is north of Strathgordon.
- The Gordon River Rd is closed at Scotts Peak Rd. For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn. Advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or Asthma Australia https://asthma.org.au/about-asthma/triggers/bushfires-and-smoke/
Alert Level: WATCH AND ACT
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 30-Dec-2019 02:10 PM
First Reported: 22-Dec-2019 09:21 AM
Location: Pearce Basin, Southwest
Agency: Parks and Wildlife Service
Size: Not reported