THE Derwent Valley Visitor Information Centre has been closed due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19 infection.
An independently-run service, the centre operates from a council-owned building in Circle St, New Norfolk, staffed by a team of volunteers. In a statement, the council said it was acting in the interests of the health of the volunteers.
During the shutdown, visitors to the area will be able to call 0413 478 759 for information about local accommodation and attractions.
Advice about where to find official information about COVID-19 now appears at the top of the New Norfolk News homepage, including general advice about helping to reduce the spread of the virus. The best information is sourced from: World Health Organisation; Australian Government Department of Health; and the Tasmanian Government Department of Health.
- Corumbene Home: temporarily closed to visitors;
- Woolworths: new opening hours 8am-8pm (7am-8am for seniors)
- Anzac Day events: cancelled;
- Anglican Church services: temporarily suspended;
- Shanghai Chinese Restaurant: temporarily open for takeaways only;
- Derwent Valley Visitor Information Centre: temporarily closed.
- Derwent Valley Youth Week Activities: postponed.
- Speedway (Sorell Creek): March 28 meeting cancelled.
Send updates: firstname.lastname@example.org