THE Bureau of Meteorology has extended its Road Weather Alert for the Upper Derwent Valley, Central North, Western, Central Plateau, Midlands, East Coast and South East forecast districts.
Icy roads will make driving conditions potentially dangerous on susceptible roads during Tuesday morning in parts of the Central North, Western, Central Plateau, Midlands, East Coast, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts.
For the latest information on any road closures, check the Tasmania Police community update page.
As of 5.50pm, Monday, police advise:
The following local road is currently CLOSED:
- Clifton Vale Rd to Cockatoo Gully Rd, Elderslie.
The following local roads are only open to 4WD vehicles:
- Arthurs Lake Rd, Arthurs Lake 4×4 only from Roadhouse onward.
- Highland Lakes Rd – Riversdale Rd (Liffey Falls) to Lochiel Drive, Miena.
- Lake Dobson Rd. Extreme caution. 4×4 and 2WD vehicles with chains only.
On the following local roads, motorists should use CAUTION:
- Highland Lakes Rd – Drive with caution due to light snow from River Dale Road to Miena.
- Lake St Clair Rd due to patchy ice conditions
- Lyell Hwy – Frost patches between Mt Arrowsmith and Derwent Bridge.
- Lyell Hwy – Patchy ice at Wayatinah. Caution signs in place.
- Lyell Hwy – Black ice between Nelson Falls and Donaghy Hill.