SEVERAL Derwent Valley schools are closed today due to road conditions making travel unsafe.
Bothwell District High, Collinsvale Primary and Molesworth Primary are among the 12 schools closed statewide.
Police warn motorists to use caution when driving on elevated roads which have the potential to be affected by the current weather conditions including snow, ice, rain and damaging winds.
The following local roads are currently CLOSED:
- Black Hills Road from Gretna to Magra.
- Collinsvale Road from Collinsvale to Berridale.
- Highland Lakes Road at Haulage Hill.
- Hollow Tree Road from Bothwell to Lyell Highway.
- Lyell Highway from Derwent Bridge to Queenstown.
- Lyell Highway from Tarraleah to Mt Arrowsmith.
- Pelham Road from Between Thousand Acre Lane and Clifton Vale Road (Elderslie).
The following local roads are only open to 4WD vehicles:
- Gordon River Road – West of Maydena.
- Haulage Road, off Highlands Lake Road.
- Molesworth Road from Lyell Highway to Glenlusk.
For the latest information on any road closures, check the Tasmania Police community update page.