THE Bureau of Meteorology has lifted its road weather alert but a number of warnings remain in place from Tasmania Police for Derwent Valley and Central Highlands roads. As of 10.30am Sunday, police advise:
The following local roads are currently CLOSED:
- Clifton Vale Rd to Cockatoo Gully Rd, Elderslie.
- Dennistoun Road, Bothwell (entire road).
- Interlaken Rd, Oatlands through to Highland Lakes Rd.
- Old Man’s Head Rd, Interlaken.
The following local roads are only open to 4WD vehicles:
- Arthurs Lake Rd, Arthurs Lake 4×4 only from roadhouse onward.
- Highland Lakes Rd- Riversdale Rd (Liffey Falls) to Lochiel Drive, Miena.
- Lake Dobson Rd. Extreme caution. 4×4 and 2WD vehicles with chains only.
On the following local roads, motorists should use CAUTION:
- Highland Lakes Rd – Drive with caution due to light snow from River Dale Rd to Miena.
- Lake St Clair Rd due to patchy ice conditions.
- Lyell Highway – Frost patches between Mt Arrowsmith and Derwent Bridge. Also patchy ice at Wayatinah. Caution signs in place.
Click here for the latest weather warnings and here to read the full updated list from Tasmania Police.