THE Bureau of Meteorology has lifted its road weather alert but a number of warnings remain in place from Tasmania Police for Derwent Valley and Central Highlands roads. As of 10.30am Sunday, police advise:
The following local roads are currently CLOSED:
- Clifton Vale Rd to Cockatoo Gully Rd, Elderslie.
- Dennistoun Road, Bothwell (entire road).
- Interlaken Rd, Oatlands through to Highland Lakes Rd.
- Old Man’s Head Rd, Interlaken.
The following local roads are only open to 4WD vehicles:
- Arthurs Lake Rd, Arthurs Lake 4×4 only from roadhouse onward.
- Highland Lakes Rd- Riversdale Rd (Liffey Falls) to Lochiel Drive, Miena.
- Lake Dobson Rd. Extreme caution. 4×4 and 2WD vehicles with chains only.
On the following local roads, motorists should use CAUTION:
- Highland Lakes Rd – Drive with caution due to light snow from River Dale Rd to Miena.
- Lake St Clair Rd due to patchy ice conditions.
- Lyell Highway – Frost patches between Mt Arrowsmith and Derwent Bridge. Also patchy ice at Wayatinah. Caution signs in place.