Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Upper Derwent Valley, South East and parts of Western, East Coast, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:21 pm Sunday, 13 September 2020.
DAMAGING WESTERLY WINDS DURING MONDAY
A strong westerly airstream persists across Tasmania during Monday, easing on Tuesday morning.
DAMAGING WESTERLY WINDS, averaging 50 to 60 km/h with isolated gusts of 90 to 100 km/h, are expected to develop across parts of southern and central Tasmania during Monday morning and will persist until later Monday evening.
Locations which may be affected include Orford, New Norfolk, Bothwell, Hobart, Geeveston and Dover.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.