TASMANIA FIRE SERVICE: BUSHFIRE ADVICE MESSAGE FOR MOLESWORTH, LYELL HIGHWAY, MURPHYS FLAT
Issued At: 06/03/2021 4:11pm CLICK HERE FOR LATEST ADVICE
Water bombing aircraft are operating in support of the fire at Wyre Forest Road, Molesworth. Aircraft are accessing water from the River Derwent near Murphys flat. Watercraft in area are requested to maintain a safe distance from aircraft.
There is a bushfire at Wyre Forest Road, Molesworth. There is no immediate threat. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
What to do:
- People in Molesworth, Lyell Highway, Murphys Flat should keep up to date by listening to ABC Local Radio or look at the TFS website at www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- Well prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you are not prepared for a bushfire, think about leaving for a safe place if it gets more dangerous.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, check it now.
Incident number: 21008175
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan to manage the risks of smoky days.
- For advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or Asthma Australia https://asthma.org.au/about-asthma/triggers/bushfires-and-smoke/
- New road rules apply in Tasmania. Motorists must slow to 40km/h when passing a stationary or slow moving emergency vehicle(s) with red and blue lights flashing or sounding alarm. This will assist in keeping emergency services personnel safe. https://rsac.tas.gov.au/slow-down-for-emergency-vehicles
- For the latest information on the COVID-19 situation in Tasmania, visit coronavirus.tas.gov.au or call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline.
- If your plan is to evacuate/leave? The best option is to stay with family or friends. There may be a higher risk of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 in an evacuation centre, not only to those seeking shelter but also to emergency services and evacuation centre personnel. Physical distancing is to be maintained at all times in evacuation centres.
- Alert Level: ADVICE
- Type: Vegetation Fire
- Last Updated: 06-Mar-2021 04:11 PM
- First Reported: 06-Mar-2021 01:57 PM
- Location: Wyre Forest Rd, Molesworth
- Status: Going
- Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
- Size: 4.3 hectares
- Attending Resources:
- Tasmania Fire Service Resources Arrived:
2 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x OTHER
4 x FIXED WING: LOW
1 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
- Parks and Wildlife Resources Arrived:
2 x LIGHT TANKER
- Parks and Wildlife Resources Mobilised:
1 x LIGHT TANKER