THE Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team (D’FAT) is heading back to Maydena this weekend to present the town’s first family movie night in six years. The 2019 animated comedy The Addams Family will be screened in the community room at the Maydena Bike Park this Saturday evening, June 26.
Rated PG, the 87-minute movie is described as a computer-animated supernatural black comedy, based on the characters created by Charles Addams. It features the voices of actors including Charlize Theron, Snoop Dogg, Bette Midler and Allison Janney.
Entry costs $2 per person and the event will start at 7pm. Food and drinks will be available and children under five (accompanied by a paying adult) will be admitted free. This is a drug and alcohol-free event supported by the Derwent Valley Salvation Army and the Maydena Community Association.
Spaces are limited, to book early by visiting https://dfat_junemovie21.eventbrite.com. All attendees are required to abide by the COVID-safe plan for this activity, which includes:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Do not attend if you have been instructed to quarantine or self-isolate
- Use sign in register upon entering the activity venue
- Use provided hand sanitiser upon entering the activity venue
- Only touch items necessary for the activity
- Abide by social distancing (at least 1.5m between each other) and signage and floor markings
For more information contact D’FAT by emailing email@example.com, looking up the Facebook page or by calling Matt on 0459 096 003.