UPDATED: Tasmania Police advise motorists of the following road weather alerts as of 11.21am on Monday, 26 July 2021. Roads closed to due to snow and ice include:
ROADS CLOSED IN THE DERWENT VALLEY/CENTRAL HIGHLANDS
- Lyell Highway – Road closed between Wayatinah and Queenstown. Snow clearing in progress at least until midday. Any re-opening will be for 4WDs only
- Lake Dobson tourist road (Mt Field)
- Marlborough Rd
- Highlands Lake Rd (Haulage Hill)
DERWENT VALLEY/CENTRAL HIGHLANDS ROADS OPEN TO 4WD ONLY:
- Highland Lakes Rd – Extreme caution for slippery conditions between Bothwell and Poatina Junction.
- Fourteen Mile Rd, Tarraleah to Bronte – 4×4 with chains only.
- Strathgordon Rd – black ice patches.
- Lake St Clair tourist road