Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for LARGE HAILSTONES and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in Upper Derwent Valley and parts of South East, East Coast, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:41pm Thursday, 2 December 2021: Severe Thunderstorms with large hail and heavy rainfall over southeastern Tasmania.
Weather Situation: A trough is slowly moving eastwards across Tasmania with a humid airmass across the state, bringing unsettled conditions.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Orford, New Norfolk, Bothwell, Hobart, Dodges Ferry and Bagdad.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
If severe thunderstorms develop in Hobart and Surrounds, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.