ARCHIVED ON FEBRUARY 7: Regularly updating from January 4: THE Derwent Valley and Central Highlands continue to adapt to the ever-changing circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic. With the rapid increase in confirmed cases of coronavirus around the state, local businesses and services have been keeping pace with the changes.
The wearing of face masks is now compulsory in most indoor locations across Tasmania, but further changes have been made in some locations in order to better protect the community. Follow the latest community updates here:
- GUARDIAN PHARMACY, High St, New Norfolk: Offering a waiting list for rapid antigen tests (RAT).
- NEW NORFOLK DISTRICT HOSPITAL, Richmond St, New Norfolk: Visiting hours 2-6pm. Visitors must wear masks and show evidence of vaccination status.
- CORUMBENE NURSING HOME, Lower Rd, New Norfolk: Masks must be worn.
- PEDDER WILDERNESS LODGE, Strathgordon: Reopening January 22.
- THE ART HOUSE, High St, New Norfolk: Offering increased outdoor seating.
- CIRCLE ST COFFEE HOUSE, Circle St, New Norfolk: Temporarily offering take-away services only.
- CHEEKY LITTLE PLACE, Burnett St, New Norfolk: Temporarily offering take-away services only.
- NEW NORFOLK MOWERS AND RURAL SUPPLIES, Hamilton Rd, New Norfolk: Closing down sale now on.
- JUNCTION MOTEL AND RESTAURANT: Motel open, restaurant temporarily closed.
- GLEN DERWENT TEA ROOM: Temporarily serving pre-booked takeaway scones, jam and cream, and high-tea cakes. OFFERING OUTDOOR TEAS ON WEEKENDS ONLY.
- TASSIE BOUND ADVENTURE TOURS: Reduced schedule from late January.
- AGRARIAN KITCHEN EATERY: Restaurant bookings essential; kiosk open on weekends
- PRD REAL ESTATE, High St, New Norfolk: Temporarily open for scheduled appointments only.
- KWIRKY KIDS PLAY DATE: Postponed.
- MISS ARTHUR Home Goods, Stephen St, New Norfolk: Open with limits on customer numbers. Online store available.
- FLYWHEEL, High St, New Norfolk: Open with limits on customer numbers.
- NEW NORFOLK VET CENTRE, Burnett St, New Norfolk: Open with limits on waiting room numbers.
- DERWENT VALLEY AUTUMN FESTIVAL: Cancelled for this year.
- CENTRAL HIGHLANDS COUNCIL AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS: Postponed
- BOTHWELL BICENTENARY: Postponed
SEND ADDITIONS OR ALTERATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0417 387 577.
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS AVAILABLE LOCALLY FROM: Guardian and Amcal pharmacies in New Norfolk and Derwent Valley Medical Centre. Find a Vaccine Clinic
FACE MASKS AVAILABLE FROM: Pharmacies, supermarkets, discount stores.
DO NOT CALL 000 FOR COVID-19 ADVICE: Call the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738 or visit the Coronavirus Tasmania website. Save 000 for medical emergencies.