Road Weather Alert for Tasmania
for North West Coast, Central North, North East, Central Plateau, Midlands, East Coast, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Issued at 9:35am on Sunday 12 June 2022.
Sunday: Snow covered roads above around 500 metres will make driving conditions dangerous during Sunday in parts of the Central Plateau, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts.
Monday: Icy roads are expected to make driving conditions dangerous on Monday morning in the North West Coast, Central North, North East, Central Plateau, Midlands and East Coast forecast districts.
For information on any road closures, please contact your local council or the Police. The next alert will be issued by 5pm Sunday.
UPDATED: Hazardous roads as at 1.43 pm Sunday
Tasmania Police advise all motorists intending to use elevated roads overnight to consider an alternate route or delay their journey. Roads at elevation throughout the state will be subjected to ice and snow. Conditions may deteriorate rapidly. Click here for the latest statewide hazardous roads list.
Highland Lakes Rd (Lake Secondary Rd) will be closed from Haulage Hill to Golden Valley due to multiple fallen trees. Will be closed overnight.
HAZARDOUS ROADS: Use of the following roads should be avoided overnight. If used, preferably by 4wd vehicles, caution should be exercised.
- Gordon River Rd – Clearing completed, caution still advised.
- Highland Lakes Rd – Clearing completed – BAKERS TIER TO MIENA. 4WD only. Extreme caution.
- Lake Dobson Rd – CLEARING COMPLETED. 4WD only. Extreme caution.
- Lake St. Clair Rd – Clearing completed, extreme caution.
- Lyell Highway – SNOW AND ICE – WAYATINAH TO DERWENT BRIDGE. Extreme caution.
- Lyell Highway – Light dusting of snow between Derwent Bridge and Mt Arrowsmith. Caution signs in place.
- Marlborough Rd – Snow and ice, use with caution. 4WD only.