POLICE advise all motorists intending to use elevated roads during the evening to consider an alternate route or use with caution. Roads at elevations over over 300 metres throughout the state may be subject to ice and snow overnight. Conditions may deteriorate rapidly.
Icy roads will make driving conditions dangerous during Thursday and Friday mornings in parts of the Upper Derwent Valley, Central North, Western, Central Plateau, Midlands, East Coast and South East forecast districts. Click here for the latest weather warnings.
LOCAL ROAD WARNINGS AS OF 10AM THURSDAY:
- Boyer Rd – Ice Patches
- Gordon River Rd – Snow at Tim Shea. Open to 4WD vehicles only. Extreme caution.
- Highland Lakes Rd – Frost patches – Ice Steppes – Miena & Miena to Golden Valley.
- Highland Lakes Rd – Snow at Hunterston to Miena. Extreme caution. Snow clearing completed.
- Lake St Clair Rd – Snow throughout. Snow clearing completed.
- Lake Dobson Rd – Ice Patches
- Lyell Highway – Road clear with extreme caution.
- Lyell Highway – Frost & ice from Taffys Creek to Derwent Bridge. Extreme caution. Treatment commenced
- Marlborough Rd – Ice Patches
- Midland Highway – Extreme caution. Ice.