A Flood Advice – Monitor Conditions has been issued for Hamilton to New Norfolk and surrounds by Tasmania SES.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a minor flood warning for the River Derwent. River levels are rising and minor flooding is likely along the River Clyde and River Derwent.
Locations likely to be impacted are: Low lying areas of Hamilton, Meadowbank, Bushy Park, Plenty, New Norfolk and surrounds
During the next few days:
- Flooding in nearby streams and rivers is likely.
- Some low-lying properties may become isolated by flood waters.
- Property, livestock, equipment, and crops in low lying areas may be at risk from flood waters.
- Driving conditions may be dangerous.
What to do:
If you live in low lying areas of Hamilton, Meadowbank, Bushy Park, Plenty, New Norfolk and surrounds and/or near the River Clyde and River Derwent, SES advises:
- If you have a flood emergency plan, check it now.
- Monitor conditions and prepare now to go to a safer place if conditions become more dangerous.
- For SES Flood Warning updates, visit TasALERT.com or listen to ABC local radio.
- For life-threatening emergencies, dial triple zero (000)
- For emergency flood and storm assistance call the SES on 132 500.
- For current river levels and weather conditions, visit www.bom.gov.au/tas/
- For current reported road closures, visit www.police.tas.gov.au
- For more information on preparing for flood, visit www.ses.tas.gov.au