Severe Weather Warning for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Upper Derwent Valley, South East, Central Plateau and parts of Western, North West Coast, Central North and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4.01pm Monday, 21 November 2022. CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION
Locally damaging winds developing during Tuesday.
Weather Situation: A vigorous west to southwesterly airstream will intensify further with the passage of another cold front across Tasmania during Tuesday.
DAMAGING WEST to SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS averaging 50 to 70 km/h with peak gusts up to 110 km/h are expected to develop over the warning area from late Tuesday morning, particularly over elevated areas.
Winds are then expected to moderate during Wednesday morning.
Locations which may be affected include Oatlands, New Norfolk, Bothwell, Geeveston, Dover and Huonville.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.