EMERGENCY services are at the scene of what is believed to be another chimney fire at the Bush Inn Hotel in New Norfolk. The alarm was raised at about 5pm today (Monday) when smoke and flames could be seen issuing from one of the historic hotel’s chimneys.
The nearly 200-year-old hotel in Montagu St, New Norfolk, has a history of chimney fires and similar accidental incidents in recent years. Recently renovated, the hotel reopened earlier this month after a brief closure when the leasehold changed hands. The new lessees have received widespread acclaim for the refreshed surroundings, new menu and schedule of entertainment.
See more Derwent Valley and Central Highlands news online and read our print edition every second Friday.