Fire at Bush Inn Hotel

EMERGENCY services are at the scene of what is believed to be another chimney fire at the Bush Inn Hotel in New Norfolk. The alarm was raised at about 5pm today (Monday) when smoke and flames could be seen issuing from one of the historic hotel’s chimneys.

The nearly 200-year-old hotel in Montagu St, New Norfolk, has a history of chimney fires and similar accidental incidents in recent years. Recently renovated, the hotel reopened earlier this month after a brief closure when the leasehold changed hands. The new lessees have received widespread acclaim for the refreshed surroundings, new menu and schedule of entertainment.

One of the New Norfolk Fire Brigade vehicles at the Bush Inn Hotel incident.

See more Derwent Valley and Central Highlands news online and read our print edition every second Friday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LIKE THIS ARTICLE? SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Facebook
Email
Twitter
LinkedIn

Local Weather

COVID-19 Advice and Links

Latest headlines

Filter by topic

New Norfolk News Archive

RSS Tas articles feed

Logo of New Norfolk and Derwent Valley News

Subscribe to free daily news email

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )
%d