Cancellation of Severe Weather Warning
For people in Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:45 am Friday, 29 September 2023. The immediate threat of damaging wind gusts has passed.
Weather Situation: An approaching cold front was resulting in a vigorous westerly flow over southern and southeastern parts of Tasmania. Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event. Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
See more Derwent Valley and Central Highlands news online and read our print edition every second Friday.