TWO landmark local properties will open their gates this Sunday, October 1, to celebrate spring. The venues are Glen Derwent at 88 Hamilton Rd and Valleyfield at 120 Hamilton Rd, New Norfolk. Both will open from 10am-4pm, with free admission to Glen Derwent. Valleyfield will open its garden with entry fees applicable (Adult $10/child $5). All food, drinks and stalls will be at Glen Derwent.
As well as the list of stalls and attractions below, Glen Derwent Tea Rooms will be serving Devonshire teas, soft drinks, jams and fresh lemons. “We’d like you to wear a spring frock, a spring vest or simply spring colour. There will be prizes for best dressed,” organiser Liz Virtue said. Glen Derwent will also collaborate with Central Highlands heritage farmstay Rathmore to provide a lamb spit roast.
GLEN DERWENT SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
Food and Drinks
- Spit Roast Rathmore Lamb by chef Raynor Dracoulis
- Devonshire Teas and soft drinks by Glen Derwent Tea Rooms
- Coffee and hot drinks by Sage & Lilly
- Garden bar by Derwent Distillery
- Derwent Catchment Project native plants
- Portia’s Rare Plants
- Tasmanian Fern Farm and Heirloom Tomatoes
- Tracey’s Plants
- Christina’s Posies with Love
- Helen Lindsay Floral Artist
Honey & Beekeeping
- Derwent Valley Honey
- Derwent Valley Beekeepers Association
Activities & Entertainment
- Piano by Florabunda
- Face Painting by The Hedgehog Fairy
- Croquet with New Town Croquet Club
Art & Craft
- Ruth’s Frocktobervest 2023 launch of Frocktober Sewing Challenge
- Duncan Rush recycled art
- emalynstudio handmade clay jewellery, art, sewn goods and more!
- ClayGeo geometric jewelry made from eco friendly natural organic air dry clay
- Tasmanian Online Lions Club Raffle
- Derwent Valley Rotary Club pre-Book Fair book sale
- Derwent Valley Rotary Club with a book stall selling gardening related books
Neighbouring Valleyfield at 120 Hamilton Rd is having an open garden from 10am to 4pm. Entry fees at Valleyfield will be $10/adult $5/child $25/family.
See more Derwent Valley and Central Highlands news online and read our print edition every second Friday.