ON Saturday, October 14, Australians will vote in a referendum on a proposed law to alter the Constitution to recognise the First Peoples of Australia by establishing an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice. Voting is compulsory. The following polling places in the Derwent Valley and Central Highlands will be open from 8am until 6pm:
- Bothwell: Town Hall, 19 Alexander St, Bothwell.
- Dromedary: Community Hall, 14 Millvale Rd, Dromedary.
- Glenora: District School, 620 Glenora Rd, Glenora.
- Granton: Memorial Hall, 1 Lyell Hwy, Granton.
- Lachlan: Community Hall, 511 Lachlan Rd, Lachlan.
- Magra: CWA Building, 377 Back River Rd, Magra.
- Miena: Community Centre, 55-57 Cider Gum Rd, Miena.
- Molesworth: Primary School, 540 Molesworth Rd, Molesworth.
- New Norfolk: Primary School, 8 Pioneer Ave, New Norfolk.
- New Norfolk North: Primary School, 211 Back River Rd, New Norfolk.
- Ouse: Online Centre, 6947 Lyell Hwy, Ouse.
- Westerway: Primary School, 1619 Gordon River Rd, Westerway.
If you’ll be away from home and need to find another polling place, visit www.aec.gov.au to find one near you.
See more Derwent Valley and Central Highlands news online and read our print edition every second Friday.